Winning customers is harder than ever, customer expectations is at an all time high and customer loyalty is at an all time low. New channels where customers spends time is constantly emerging. Companies experience high pressure to deliver an outstanding and unified customer experience, but it becomes increasingly harder to deliver due to a very fragmented data landscape. During many years companies have invested in technology to store and maintain specific single domain data (CRM, PIM, CMS etc). This has led to the experience data needed to deliver a great customer experience being locked into silos within system of records. Most often these systems are built on old legacy technology. Any attempt to solve this challenge ends up adding to a spaghetti integration mess which is time consuming and often very costly. For every new integration you become even more slow moving. Digital officers and marketers are cornered and cannot innovate nor adapt to changed customer behaviors in the speed needed.
The new state
Since the old way of doing things obviously is doing more harm than good, we think it is time to flip some old truths connected to how we build CX stacks. Because why expect new results doing the same thing?
We believe that it's time to stop moving data between databases and integrating data models and instead add a unified data layer on top of your system of records. Then you can start building the next era of consumer apps without letting the last database dictate what is possible to do or render in a frontend experience.
In a new state you need to take a composable approach to your stack to be better prepared to quickly adapt to changes, and this is especially true when it comes to the customer facing layers. You need flexibility and speed. Two things that have been hard to combine, up until now...
You need something new and this is it!
This is what you need
You need a unified data layer that sits on top of your system of records. The main job of your system of records is to store and maintain all your domain specific data. The job of the System of Engagement is to unify and activate your data and bring it to life in front of your customers using real-time APIs. This modern stack needs to be built on services and capabilities with a MACH approach (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-Native, Headless) focusing on scalability and APIs. This will enable innovation to thrive where it before was impossible.
Next era - How CX apps should be built
In a headless world digital services and capabilities in the cloud will be the threads from where you weave your digital customer experience apps (attracting or converting) and create screen experiences for your customers everywhere.
With Occtoo you easily unify all your experience data, making it accessible from one single source. Make unique combinations of customer, content and context data and create tailored real-time APIs with a click. Publish and collect your data all in real-time in any frontend, device or channel for each of your digital initiatives. This is the missing piece in your unified experience stack, enabling speed in the, ”idea-to-deployment” process and capability to offer a relevant customer experience in milliseconds everywhere.
This approach will provide you with many benefits:
(warning for long list, benefits are many😉)
- You don’t have to integrate data between databases that is not built to be integrated, this is costly and time-consuming both in the short- and long-term
- Your team will spend less time integrating data and more time being creative with data
- You can make changes to your data without it affecting your customer facing frontends until you press the button
- You do not have to store data in your frontend which impacts performance negatively
- Your marketing/business teams become data autonomous and can launch new experiences in the speed of their own choice
- You can bring your own frontend and use the one your team prefers
- You take the handcuffs of your creative teams and let them design something unique for your customers with less technical limitations
- You can support unified and channel-agnostic experiences
- You will make the data available in real-time in any frontend creating zero friction in the customer experience
- You can build something once and scale it globally across any endpoint or geography
“To sum up the value of Occtoo it is speed across the board. Speed in how fast we can launch new customer experiences, speed in how we serve a relevant experience in real time in all touchpoints and speed in how we modernize our technology stack to fast forward our customer experience innovation.”
The best thing is you can do all of this without ripping and replacing in your legacy technology that handles core business processes. And on top of that, we'll have you up and running within a few days!